Sunday, May 14, 2006

Knit Cast

Last summer, while looking for ways to stretch my Audible credits, I discovered the world of Podcasting. I found a few favorites and would download them to listen to while skating along the Hudson in search of fitness. One of my favorites was Knit Cast. I say was because once skating weather ended, so did the need to stretch the Audible credits and I ceased to listen to podcasts.

Skating weather is now upon us again and I look forward to catching up on all of the episodes that I missed in the last 10 months.

Where is this going ... well, one afternoon a couple of weeks ago I was quietly sitting at my desk, probably working, when my assistant annouced that a "Marie" was on the phone. I answered with my usual "Good Afternoon, how may I help you," assuming that it was a call gone astray. (I usually know my callers.) The woman introduced herself and asked me about an interview I had given over a year ago for a U.K. newspaper. The subject matter had gotten a little mixed up in the transition and so I could not help the caller with her quest for a story on a noble subject. We chatted for a few more minutes, then it hit me. "Marie" was Marie Irshad of Knit Cast. I think I sounded like a wacko fan and got a bit tongue tied but there it was. Very, very cool. I tried to share my excitement with my assistant but she just does not get the whole Podcast / Blogging world. She did get the idea of being called by a celebrity but still, I know she was a bit confused by my excitement.

I hope, however that you, dear blog reader, get it. Now to figure out how to download podcasts to my Treo so I can catch up. I recently realized that I could listen to the Treo in the car if I closed the windows and put the Treo volume on maximum. This avoids the whole having to connect the headphone jack to my car which risks triggering the ^&(&* weak point in the Treo.

No comments: