Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Squid do the Corn Maze

*** Correction -- I apparently linked to the wrong Cookie before -- I hope I got it right now! If I am still giving credit to the wrong one, please speak up!***

But before we get to our regularly scheduled blog, I give to you the Squid Knits Button! Created by our very own Cookie. Thanks Cookie! Remember, if you want it, practice proper button etiquette.
If anyone is paying attention to the blogroll on the sidebar -- please ignore it. I am in the process of organizing my bloglines roll and will import that relatively soon. I have added a huge number of blogs to my daily reads and am starting to thin them out a bit to those I MUST read and those that I like reading and will read if I have the time.

Now ... on to knitting content. (Wait, I hear you say, didn't she promise Corn Maze? Ahh ... but there is a Corn maze, and Corn Maze socks!)

Corn Maze
Corn Maze Sock!
Prior to departing for PA, I dragged Squidette uptown to Knitty City (which I have decided is my absolutely favorite LYS in a town full of great LYS's). The emergency trip was because I did not have appropriate yarn to knit a new pair of plain fine gauge socks for Papa Squid. "Why," I hear you ask again, "do you need to knit plain fine gauge socks for him NOW?" Well, he has very large feet which make for good long periods of mindless, carefree knitting. Good for the dim light of campfires and ... for walking around corn mazes.This is not a posed picture. I really did knit them in the corn maze. They were but a solid-colored toe when we started the maze and gained a good two to three inches while wandering about trying to find the out way out.
Early in the Maze.

Much later. (Look on Toucan Sam's thumb for the sock.)The end of the Maze! (The sock is in the corn)
The kids were in charge of holding the map -- except when Papa Squid felt he needed to make an executive decision. I just knit and occasionally offered my opinion.

Our path through the corn -- click here.


After we finished the main Maize Maze we left for lunch at our favorite area resturant and then returned to have some more farmly fun.

There was the right-turn only maze -- I was the only Squid who could not figure it out.Mama Squid, lost in a sea of right turns.

There was the ball maze -- no one followed the directions but much fun was had.There was a lot of other stuff but mainly there was a lot of fun.

Mama Squid at the end of the day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun!

Btw, wrong Cookie. :p I'm the one that couldn't do short rows. *L*

Ann said...

Ahhh...the cornfields...makes me feel at home seeing them.

:o)

The short row challenged Cookie is my Cookie.

Ann

I wonder if she realizes that she is MY cookie?

Anonymous said...

Yes, I know. Just like you're mine.

Anonymous said...

Multiple Cookies! Wow.

I haven't seen corn in so long. I kinda miss it!