Thursday, May 24, 2007

Pretty Silk!

For the curious, this is the roving that the yarn for the silk stole is being spun from. The roving is from Interlacements and totals 4 ounces. I suspect that less than half of it will wind up in the stole.
The spindle is from the Bosworths. I do not remember the type of wood but I love it!
And, just for the heck of it ... proof that if you wait for Morning Glories to sprout, you could be waiting a long time. These were planted at least 2 years ago, maybe more. I suspect my basil will not make it with the competition from the vines.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful spinning.
To get the morning glories to sprout faster, soak them in water for a couple of days to soften the shells. (My mom taught me that one.) It really works. And takes less than 2 years.

Cookie said...

How pretty!

Yet another evil spinning temptress in my live. *L*

Anonymous said...

I just love the colors you're working with. (of course I know nothing about spinning & knitting) lol

I've got a ton of garden work to do this weekend ... hope your basil shows up!