Monday, June 11, 2007

Messing With Their Minds

I'm messing with the minds of my staff today.

There was no intention of doing so when I chose what to wear this morning, but the result will be the same.

You see, a few weeks ago my Principal announced that she was taking another job, a promotion. The very next day, her position was posted on the DOE website and tonight the in-school committee interviews her possible successors. The identities of the candidates are secret.

Last week I had the privilege of giving each candidate a tour of the building. While I did so, the curious poked their heads out of classrooms and made snap appraisals. It got kind of silly from my perspective and I was tempted to parade random people around the building just for the mind-mess. (I didn't.) Today's suit, however is another story.

I am not one of the candidates. By choice. Didn't even open the on-line application -- just checked to make sure it was really there. Today, however, I am wearing my "cute" suit. How many people are going to think that I've been lying to them, that I really am interviewing tonight?

The suit, by the way, is because I am presiding over an induction ceremony tonight and want to look professional for the parents. I will not even be in the building when the committee convenes.

Time to start the week.

3 comments:

Cookie said...

Sounds like they are doing it to themselves. You should have given random people the tour. Or at least a squirrel or two. ;^)

Ann said...

It's always fun to mess with people...good for you!

Susan said...

Oh, I just love it! Serves 'em right, for sure. Best hopes that the very best candidate is chosen and accepted.