Wednesday, July 11, 2007

TdF: Staying with the Group

In the Tour de France Knit-along today our intrepid knitter churned out a front panel. Yesterday she did both sides to the back panel so she is solidly within the peleton.

No progress was made on the biking front, however, as yesterday was just too hot and today we had afternoon appointments to get the Squidlings to. Papa Squid and I did walk around, however, in search of an antique watch. The search was in vain but we did find this cute cat outside of Myers of Keswick. We think it may be the one who was trapped a year or so ago. I was wondering why she was rolling around on the ground for so long and then ... she adopted the pose in the last picture. Uh, got it! I had a cat when I was a kid, I know what this means!
***
The Squidlings went to the ophthalmologist earlier and now have HUGE pupils. It's kind of funny, actually. The upshot of this that Little Squid has joined the ranks of the optically challenged. No more reminding him to put on sunglasses! Woo Hoo! (We will get Transitions lenses in his glasses.) I promise pictures when he has his new glasses -- give us two weeks or so. Now I can clean 4 pair of glasses at a time! Saturday we go choose frames for me and the kids -- time to finally replace my damaged pair.

4 comments:

Mary said...

The vest is lookin' good! Beautiful colors.

Cookie said...

Woo Hoo!

Now he's really a member of Team Squid. ;^)

Penny said...

wait.. you clean everyone's glasses? is that service available for guests too? ;)

Anonymous said...

You are zooming on that vest. I bet it's finished by now! Cute kitty reminds me of our spotty Cow cat.