Sunday, April 20, 2008

You Never Leave Your Parents ...

... empty handed.

It's a plot. My parents are trying to thin out their belongings by palming them off on us. Really. I never leave their home without a pile of books or other miscellany. Last night was no exception. And since all five kids were home, I'm betting that my parents got rid of a ton of stuff.

Us? We walked out with several books. Actually, it was one of the lighter loads, not requiring a box or other special equipment. All we needed was a bag. I'm not even sure what they all are aside from another Asterix book or three and the cookbook that was a gift and not a hand-me-down. For a change, Mike was the recipient. When my Dad says "take," you just can't refuse.

Complaining? No, I'll just try to remember to bring stronger bags next time.

*** Actual Passover report in a day or two after Lil' Sis and Not So Lil' Bro send me their pics. I forgot my camera for all of remembering to put a fresh battery in it. ***

4 comments:

Cookie said...

Just books? You didn't get sent home with food, too? ;^)

sloth-knits said...

At our last visit my mom gave us towels, almonds and shampoo! I think she said she had extra, but I'm starting to suspect the surplus is deliberate.

Susan said...

My mama always did that too. Except her favorite goodies besides food was toilet paper, paper towels, and Kleenex. She was a stocker-upper and made me one too. Need any toilet paper??? :-)

Anonymous said...

So are you saying I look fat?