Monday, September 22, 2008

Reentry

We seem to be over reentry. Yesterday 3 out of 4 squid were moody and 2 out of 4 squid were sick. This morning it was 2 out of 4 and 2 out of 4. Now it is just the 2 sick squid (Squidette and me, if you really need to know). We're getting back to normal. Slowly.

As I drove to work this morning, I realized that I had not knit a stitch yesterday. (Which I now realize was wrong -- I did 2 rows on my cobweb lace shawl while doing the laundry.) That aside, I did manage to warp my loom (direct warp, no winding first) and wove a few inches.
I think it will be part of a blanket. There are roughly 8 feet of lace weight merino on it at 10 epi. This stuff fulls very nicely and should make a nice light weight blanket.

Yes, this means that I have pictures working on my computer again -- I'm working under Linux for now and have promised to continue doing so as long as my machine has a windows partition for things like the tax program and Audible (for which there seems to be no Linux solution as of yet). For the last problem, I spent a bit more on my cell phone bill this month and just down loaded my next book directly to the phone. Took about 10 minutes and was actually less hassle then first putting it on the computer.

Now to put on my headset and do some weaving!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful loom set up. The yarn looks so fine.
Hope it'll be 4 of 4 that are all back to "normal" soon!

penny said...

YAY!!! Go linux!! between you and dave I really am going to cave soon and end up with a proper weavette aren't i?

Susan said...

Ohhhh pretty!Hope you and the Squidette are soon healthy and uncranky.