Friday, February 26, 2010

Snow Day Redux

Yup, for the second time in a month, we have a snow day. We'll ignore the fact that the last snow day was off by a day (we should have been off the day after and not the day of).

Plans for the day? Maybe to weave off this warp that has proved to be a challenge.
There have been broken warp thread galore, threading issues and the challenge of weaving off a 39 shot repeat. The challenge there is that I keep getting interrupted and lose my place in the pattern. Despite all these issues, however, I love how it is coming out.

The yarn is some that has been marinating in the stash for 10 years or so. The weft is a slubby, loosely spun yarn, the warp, a nice wool two-ply that keeps breaking.

Next up on the loom, some more blue and white cotton for, I think, baby blankets. I have some cotton of unknown provenance that has been marinating in the stash for even longer than the wool above. My only questions are: is it thick enough for baby blankets and ... what pattern?

3 comments:

penny said...

I'm sorry to hear of all the troubles.I am happy to hear of love with the pattern. It is pretty. But I fear. You are tempting me greatly to upgrade my pin loom to a RHL.

I'm am very ready for winter to be Over. We had at least 6 inches fall overnight. YUCK.

Mary said...

Wishing all the Squids a wonderful snow day!

Kristen said...

I can't believe NYC has been getting all the snow and RI has been left out the last 2 storms!

What kind of loom do you have? It looks like fun.