Saturday, February 25, 2006

Progress!

Yesterday was spent trying to make up for the negative progress on the Squid socks and replacing my new cell phone. It was also then spent restoring all of my "stuff" to the new cell phone. Please note: the phone was less then 2 weeks old! The vendor, however, replaced it without a problem, admittedly a big surprise to me. Hence, time was lost from squid knitting while futzing with the cell phone. However ...


The first "Squid" sock is almost done:

It is folded on itself to hide the details on the front of the leg. The dpn is left in for perspective -- it is a 6" size 3 dpn. Yes, the sock foot is larger then the piece of 8.5" X 11" piece of paper that is serving as its background. Mike has BIG feet. Yes, that is a "buttonhole" near the top. I had to work it flat for a while to accommodate the detail on the front.

Here is a view of the tentacle detail:(O.K., my photography skills need some work.)

And here it is unfolded:


The origami chrysathamum is hiding the detail. I am still taking guesses as to what this is and where it is from. It will be at least another couple of days before the mate is done. Origami courtesy of the female child. Doesn't she do nice work?

And just because ...

I discovered this on Mamacate's site and had to try it. It actually seems to be pretty accurate even though I was hoping to be Kermit.

You Are Scooter

Brainy and knowledgeable, you are the perfect sidekick.
You're always willing to lend a helping hand.
In any big event or party, you're the one who keeps things going.
"15 seconds to showtime!"
The Muppet Personality Test

I've always had a thing for The Muppets.

No comments: