Tuesday, December 19, 2006

First Panel


Here you go -- the first panel of the 7 needed to make a blanket. I will bring home another panel's worth of blocks tomorrow and try to get them together. Ditto Thursday and on Friday I will bring home all of the remaining blocks and try to get a blanket done before the end of the winter break. Piece of cake. (Just don't count on me doing much else.)

Too many knitters to count today -- at least 10 newbies. Two are now knitting in the round and a few are working of scarves for themselves after having contributed multiple blanket blocks.

Anyone have straight needles in the middle sizes that they don't need? I gave mine to the cause several years ago.

(I took a batch of donated dpns and put rubber bands on the ends today -- made about 6 pair this way -- and ran out.)

3 comments:

Susan said...

Wow that's great! It would be wonderful if whoever ends up with the blanket knew it was knit by young ones. That, in itself, would make me feel warmer. And knitting in the round..woohoo. Those kids just rock. I'll look...I know that at one time I had some metal straights but I'm not sure if I still have them or if I sent them off to the pet rescue store. I'll get back to you on that soon.

Anonymous said...

You're going to be very busy. I think it's wonderful that so many of your kids want to learn to knit.

Ann said...

Middle sizes would be what size? Hey, I never said I was a master knitter. I think I have some duplicate sized needles in metal that I am not using. Give me a hint here what sizes you are looking for? Yarn? Need anything in that area?

Ann