Friday, December 15, 2006

A Holiday Meme

In yesterdays meme, my cousin Elana also tagged her brother. So ... yenta that I am, I had to go check out his blog. Said cousin is a doctor and writes a medical blog (see #3 from yesterday) but I can get over that. In the comments on his answers to the meme was a reference to today's meme which I then took from this blog. So, consider it stolen from the medical blog world and let loose in the knit blog world.

1. Latkes or Sufganiyot?

Latkes! Love that savory goodness.


2. Multi-colored candles or blue-and-white?

What ever is in the box, though I do favor a single color per night with a contrast shamos.

3. Do you place the Hanukiah by the window or away from the window?

Usually away -- we are 11 stories up. We also do not have much space near the window. This year we are trying the window for the first time. I'll let you know how it works out.

4. Favorite Holiday Dish?

Latkes!

5. Favorite Holiday Memory?

Running around with my cousins at the big family chanuckah party.

6. One Hanukiah or more than one?

One. I was brought up with one per person but have been converted to the one-per-family method. Unfortunately we now get one box of chanuckah candles per-kid from religious school so we have a plethora of candles and I am debating going to more than one.

7. Do you remember your favorite gift?

Nope.

8. Favorite Holiday Dessert?

I really do not have one. I know that sufganiot are traditional (jelly donuts) but I am not really a fan of them. Frankly, after pigging out on latkes, I am usually too full for dessert.

9. Favorite Holiday Song?

Ma-o-tuzr. (Rock of Ages) Squidette learned this on the clarinet and violin last year.

I am not tagging anyone but if you want to grab it ... go right ahead. Happy Chanuckah!

No comments: