Sunday, December 10, 2006

Where to Put the Cage?

Here I am, minding my own business, when all of a sudden I am asked, quiet seriously -- "if you move your spinning wheel ... (I look up) and I move some books, we could put the cage there for Little Squid." Given that we have been redecorating again today -- two shelves put up so far -- I figured that the question would be serious. Squidette immediately yells for Little Squid and whines that we are discussing putting a cage in the corner for him. I counter with "no, I want to put it on the terrace."

He'd prefer it in the corner.

That's all I have for you. My cold is still wiping me out and after 4 hours in the synagogue learning about Bat Mitzvah preparations I was not good for anything. For the curious, the event is still 21 months away. And yes, the 4 hour were actually worthwhile and I did not feel like my time had been wasted. I also now have a new appreciation for our Rabbi.

Squidette wound up somewhat saddened as a friend we had not seen in a long time asked after Grandma. She didn't know that Grandma was no longer with us. While it has been over a year, we still feel it pretty keenly when someone brings it up. I could use a parental hug right now. (My folks have been calling to check up on my cold every day which makes me feel loved but sometimes you just need a hug.)

The session also brought up some interesting issues regarding honors and such and all sorts of ways that we could insult (both intentionally and inadvertently) lots and lots of people. Oh Joy.

I think I will go snuffle my way through the bagel cutting now and head off to bed a bit early. No, the mittens are not finished but the new baby blanket is started and I am almost ready to start the heel flap on Little Squid's new sock.

And last, a kind of random image. Please tell me that you interpret the url on this sign the same way I do ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I wouldn't want to live on One Ill Building. Nope, not me.

Susan said...

So if you wear the condom, you won't live in One Ill building? Everytime I look at that sign I think of something else.

Ummm...I think I'm missing something here. A cage? Is this a tradition?

Anonymous said...

One Ill Building?

Good luck with the cage. It's an interesting concept - I always just figured I'd go with a hook from the ceiling.

Sally said...

Yeah, I saw the One Ill building too. The O'Neills should really do something about that.

Have fun preparing for the Bat Mitzvah. I just went to my boss' daughter's b.m., and it was fabulous, but they spent 3 years planning for it. Yikes.

Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

He needs a cage? He seems like such a nice little man.

I'm with Susan. Condoms for One Ill Building. I guess it's nice of them to mention it before you move in. :?

I hope you're feeling better, sweetie. *hugs*