Friday, May 04, 2007

Super Grover!

Mike bought me a present!(Click to make bigger if you want to see my new bandage and swollen face. Keep this size to preserve your illusions.)
Super Grover!

(5-Boro Knitters, look for Grover on my sleeve caps on Sunday.)
And the original. Purchased for me in 1987 by my sweet husband-to-be. When he helped me bring my stuff to college that August, he also helped me to tie a red scarf around Grover's neck and rigged him so that he "flew" across my dorm room on fishing line. Unfortunately I do not think that any pictures exist of that time. One of these days I might grant you a peek of my permed hair during those halcyon days. Ah the summers of '86 and '87. What stories they hold ...

4 comments:

Susan said...

Oh I love it! You're going to be quite easy to find, I think. I also love Wouk, Wilder and Grover sharing space :-). Your poor face..but wait, where's the Dragon Lady lipstick??

Anonymous said...

What a fun cycling jersey! Go Grover!

Ann said...

What a great shirt...You definitely will be the super biker now!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! Such a sweetiehead is your honey. :D

I hope you are feeling better.

*HUGS*