Saturday, July 14, 2007

Summer Update

With the first two weeks of the summer now over it is time for an update on my summer goals.

Reading:

Finished: Hiroshima, John Hershey and Bound Feet & Western Dress, Pang-Mei Natasha Chang.

Working on: In the Time of Butterflies, Julia Alvarez and The God Delusion, Richard Dawkins.

On the knitting front:
Lace Scarf from handspun silk -- not yet blocked.
Men's sock -- k2, p2 ribbing on the top of the foot, stockinette on the bottom. Note the marker near the toe. I knit from the marker on up during Harry Potter this afternoon. Good movie! I would have gotten further but I dropped a stitch during one of the final scenes.
The cobweb shawl.
Fronts of Cheveron Shadows vest for the TdFKDL. Only 2 more side panels to go!
***
On the home front, we have a lot of clearing to do tomorrow so that we can paint on Monday. The turtle tank has to be emptied, the rug rolled (and tossed out if I have my way) and the furniture moved. Everything except the desk and the three remaining bookcases will go either into a kid's room or the dining area with the thought being that we can get both coats of paint on in one day and then get everything back in the room and mostly in place by dinner (not counting the book cases in our bedroom). What do you think? Are we crazy? The apartment has to be in some semblance of order by Wednesday morning so that Maria can work her magic. Worst case, the second "room" will be painted Thursday and Friday. Remember -- we only have from about 9:30 a.m. until about 3:00 p.m. to do this in ... Tomorrow, however, we are going out for a pleasure ride to Inspiration Point.

2 comments:

Mary said...

What a productive two weeks you've had! I feel that I need a nap after reading all you've done and plan to do!

All your knitting is beautiful, but the cobweb shawl is especially pretty.

Susan said...

My goodness, what a busy person you are. And, unlike me, you actually have produced something too.