Sunday, July 27, 2008

TdF: Final Intermediate Sprint

"Hills like this were never really to my liking." (Paul Sherwin whenever asked about a mountain stage by Phil Liggett)

A few days ago I realized that I was not enjoying the pressure of "having" to finish my TdF project. So, with that in mind, I took out my wheel yesterday and went for a nice long spin. Then I balled up the first skein of Tilli Thomas Rock Star Bridgetown Brown (100% spun silk with glass beads) and started in on this shrug for Squidette.Her Bat Mitzvah dress is less modest then it should be so this shrug, designed to cover a halter top, is just what is needed. I've been resisting starting it, knowing that I have to finish my socks, but last night I just dug in and started.

During the Tour I also finished these socks for my only sockless sibling -- but they were "purse" knitting and don't count as interfering in the TdF sock progress.The real hindrance to knitting was the fact that life just took over during the daylight hours and with Little Squid in camp for 1.5 hours less then last year, and with us riding our bikes there most days, there was just less time.

Last, I was working on another project, which will be finished and revealed in all of it's glory tomorrow. parts of it have been worked on in secret from the recipient so no peaks until they see it first.
The second sock. Oh, and did I mention that I lost my squid graph and have to reconstruct it from the first sock ...

And so, I concede the race. no green jersey for me. Oh well, there is always next year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a rough knitting weekend. Sorry about the lost graph. That's frustrating.

The shrug will be beautiful! How long do you have until Squidette's Bat Mitzvah.

Susan said...

Poor dear! Don't you bet you find the graph just as soon as you finish the second sock? Squidette will be gorgeous in that!

knitseashore said...

Ouch -- a crash with a lost graph. You gave it a great shot, and as long as you enjoyed yourself, that's all that really matters.

I really like that shrug of Squidette's, and can't wait to see it knitted up!