Monday, August 21, 2023

Introducing Sewn By Devorah

Introducing Sewn By Devorah!

I did it. I created an Etsy page. Don’t bother going there, at least not now. I created it to streamline the fulfillment process for one particular order. Etsy made it easy. They took care of all of the transactions and even facilitated the customs form, so … Win!

This was my third commission. Yay! I’ll cut the fabric for my fourth tomorrow. Pictures of the third one will go up once it is received and modeled. I owe the recipient a beverage or three when we next meet in person.

The goal of Sewn By Devorah is to create one-of-a-kind garments using fabric procured mostly from small specialty suppliers. One of my favorites, Sew Dynamic Fabrics, creates unique fabrics that are only available during a short window of time. Sew Dynamic Fabrics sources fabrics made primarily from recycled plastics. I have been sewing with and wearing garments made from their fabrics for over a year now and they show no sign of wear and are incredibly comfortable. 

Dress made from Sew Dynamic Fabrics dri-release in the pomegranate and pomegranate seed patterns

Workout tights sewn from Sew Dynamics Kraken in athletic brushed poly


Mike has suggested that I create a mailing list for friends interested in Sewn By Devorah offerings. Mailing list members will have the first opportunity to order custom garments.


So … if you are interested in getting a monthly (more or less) email newsletter with information regarding future plans, fill out this signup form.


More information regarding fabrics, garment options,  costs and other details will be contained in the newsletter.


So (sew) if you are interested in handcrafted garments made to your measurements, click here to join the mailing list: https://forms.gle/aSui8UJNzKibsHoMA


Thanks!


Mike wearing Henley shirt and chinos sewn just for him. Fabric from Knitfabric.com and Mood Fabric


No comments: