Tuesday, June 13, 2006

It is Declared

... that Mommy is no allowed in the kitchen any more (except to clean it and maybe make a cup of tea)! I committed a few sins last night while left fend for myself and the kids. I left a sharp knife out -- unwashed. I left the mayonnaise out. And, I committed the ultimate sin of putting mayonnaise on Male Child's pastrami sandwich. (I didn't think he'd eat mustard and hey, the sandwich is on Potato bread!) Please note that it is not the Male child that is complaining (tho he may do so after eating his lunch today). I have been banished by the King of the Kitchen. He who provides edible food for us. I can deal with that. (This is the man who came home from work yesterday, made dinner for us, and then left to go to a work-related dinner. He left everything nice and warm and only left the steaming of the asparagus for me to do -- the people from the Big Corporation that sponsor his mentoring program were a bit astonished. Do I have it good or what!) One of these days I will share the whole long story of why I, essentially, no longer cook.

I and thinking of running away to Disney World. What do you think? Our school belongs to a consortium and the annual conference is in Orlando this year. In the past I have not been able to attend and frankly, have not wanted to. This year, however, I am thinking that two nights alone in a hotel room with food and board paid for, sounds kind of good. I am even thinking of extending it for one night. My friend is extending for two but I feel a bit guilty about going to Disney without the kids. I could rejigger camp and bring them but since someone has to stay home to supervise the construction, it really does not work.

So, dear blog reader, I am asking ... do I go? And, if I do, do I extend for a day or two?

1 comment:

Ann said...

GO GO GO...for two days!

I went to Disney in April with some girl friends and we had a great time.

Mom's need time away to themselves too.

...and while you are gone I will work on stealing that man away from you THAT COOKS???? Fanning myself..I may need to call 911. Men actually do that???

:o)

Ann