Saturday, June 24, 2006

Knitting along

I have a severe case of startitis. For some reason I feel that I should have multiple projects in progress for various events. For example, I have one Trekking sock on the needles (see the project in my hands in the last post) but feel that I should knit the edging for the second so that I will have it all ready for plain knitting when I finish the first. Since I am in no danger of finishing it any time soon, this is a somewhat unreasonable fear. Unlike the graduation in the last post, the next graduation I attend will have me up on stage, unable to knit.

To forestall my ravishing the ball of trekking, I started and finished these little socks. They are made from the rainbow dying experiment from dye-o-rama. (Dear sister, please do not panic, they will only come to your child if you ask -- otherwise they are probably going to charity. I just needed to knit something small and quick.)

Then there are these sockettes, finished the night before graduation. They are displayed, so nicely, on the feet of their owner, the famous Female child.
And then there is this:The One Skein Wonder from Glampyre.

It was highlighted on another blog and I thought it might be cute for the other sister. There was work involved in getting this pattern -- my paypal account had not been used in several years and so was not active. The yarn is leftover from the Futurama socks.

I also did some spinning of some scarily bright, very neppy wool acquired when I was still a spinning newbie. I am letting it do it's thing and intend to knit a felted bag out of it so the neppiness won't matter. The pattern that I think I want, however, is of course, packed away. We will see just how much I get spun before the construction ends. Maybe I won't need the pattern or maybe I will just get a different one.

And there you go. On the apartment front, the kids rooms are now essentially empty. We will clear off the walls tomorrow and make the final storage room run.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I kinda like the idea of having a few projects on the needles and bouncing back and forth. When I first started back knitting again I thought I needed to start a project and finish it before going on.

It looks so impressive to have lots going on. LOL

Ann