Sunday, July 30, 2006

Packing Up

Just a quickie before I start getting all crazy about the packing.

We went for a short bike ride today, just 14.5 miles, and impressed the heck out of the cashier at Chocolate Haven. She asked the kids how far they had ridden today and when they responded "only 13 miles" she looked aghast. "Only 13 miles?"

And so it goes. We picked up yummy gifts for the various people we will be visiting -- a "only in New York" kind of gift and then continued riding uptown where we found this:

Since I have been informed that it is not about the riding, but rather about the chocolate, we had to stop and picked up some interesting bars. Little Squid chowed down on part of the Key Lime filled bar earlier and proclaimed it to be excellent.

This card arrived from Ann yesterday. Thanks! (I get to meet Ann a week from tomorrow!)

Now to get ready to hit the road. Blogging will be sporadic, if it happens at all, over the next 10 days.

Wish us luck -- we have a map of Pennsylvania but not of Ohio, Kentucky or Indiana. I figure we should be able to get the appropriate mappage as we get closer to each state. We are armed with a GPS which does have the maps for the entire route loaded and we will be on I-80 for most of the trip. Music is ready to go, my knitting is packed in multiple locations -- the "car" bag, my purse project and extra yarn in the suitcase. The gallon of sunblock is already in the car. Snacks are already packed as are games for both the car and when we are in situ. Phone chargers are in the car ... I think we are getting close to ready.

1 comment:

Ann said...

That darn Ann...

Travelling through the cornfields should be much easier than bicycling through New York City.

I can't wait to meet the squid and her family!