Sunday, September 24, 2006

Mmmm ... Tea

My tea swap partner was kind enough to ask some very detailed questions so I figured I would share my obsession with tea with all of my readers by answering them here.

Knit Fit asks:

1. What kind of chocolate do you like? (milk, dark, specific brands, plain, with nuts, in cookies, etc?)

You mean I have to choose? Chocolate in any form -- except blended with coffee -- is wonderful.

2. I see your a sock knitter, do you like to knit thin socks, thick socks? Who do you usually knit socks for? What method do you use for knitting your socks? (DPN, Addis, etc)?

I like to knit all types of socks and knit them mostly for family. I tend to be a Magic Loop knitter with Addi Turbos my weapon of choice but bamboo dpns have their place.

3. I saw the wonderful pic of you and your daughter at Yarn Harlot, does your daughter knit also? How old is she? (I saw in your blog your son is 9, right?)

Squidette does knit and is even starting a charity knitting group at school. She recently turned 11.

4. What kind of style would you say you are....country, classic, retro, mod?

Classic -- clean and simple styles.

5. Are you an all day tea drinker, or do you have a certain time of day you like to drink it?

Morning, noon, night -- tea is always there. It is now 1:00 p.m. and I am sitting with a cup of oolong and a slice of honey cake. Yum!

6. Tea cup or mug?

Mugs of varying sizes. 14 ounces in the morning and 10 ounces or so in the evening.
7. Teapot or microwave?

Tea pot. (Actually, an electric water boiler both at home and at work.)

8. What do you prefer, loose or bags?

Loose but I do not turn my nose up at a good bagged tea.

9. Does your whole family drink tea, or just you?

We all drink it to some extent. Papa Squid likes a nice green on occasion and Squidette is starting to drink some in the morning. Little is still just a newbie, drinking it when I push it on him when sick or starting a migraine. Squidette now turns up her nose at supermarket tea bags!

10. I see you recently knit an afghan for you new nephew (congratulations, he is precious!), what other things have you knit and how long have you been knitting for?

I have knit tons of different things including stuffed Squid, sweaters, socks, shawls ... I have been seriously knitting for about 8 years but learned how as a kid.

Now to go shopping for stuff to spoil my own swap partner with. Tee Hee Hee!

No comments: