Friday, September 08, 2006

They grow up so fast

This morning we took the subway instead of driving. When we got uptown we all walked to the Middle School and Squidette gave me a huge hug. Little Squid and I continued walking, hand in hand until we reached the corner of his school block. At that point he dropped my hand like a hot potato and said "I can go to school from here." Since I had to walk past his school to get to the bus, I stayed with him. At the door I paused, waiting for a hug and kiss. Nothing.

I guess it is o.k. when he is in the car in front of the school - no one can see him there. Oh well. He still gives me lots of snuggles in private.

Birthday Squid hint: This Squid's favorite Disney flick is Dumbo. This Squid also just read "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" for the first time and loved it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that a fun read? I loved that book.

Anonymous said...

*sigh*

They get big so fast. Hopefully, you'll get him back in a few years.

I love that book, too.

Anonymous said...

you grew up so fast...but it was a good ride! from joanie to mud to mom..it really is a blink.i love you devs.

Kirsten said...

DS & I are huge Douglas Adams fans!

They do grow up too fast. He'll always be your little boy though. I'm glad you still get lots of snuggles at home.

Ann said...

It's always a challenge as they move through the stages of growing up. I can remember a few of those moments with my two growing up.

Now things seems to have turned back around and they are coming to me for advice...