Monday, December 11, 2006

The Cage ...

We are not cruel and unusual parents. O.k., maybe unusual but not cruel! I'm not sure how the cage wound up being a running joke but it there it is. I passed on Elizabeth's suggestion of a hook from the ceiling but Papa Squid pointed out that our ceilings are too low. So, the cage it is. (Yes, Cookie, he is a nice young man but he is also a monster! A cute monster, kind of like Cookie Monster. Matter of fact he is a lot like Cookie Monster. But not blue and not furry (yet).)

Today I was thrilled to receive a huge package from Debbie! Included were lots yarn and needles for my kids at school and presents for me and the squidlings. The presents have been set aside for the start of Chanuckah in a few days. Thank you, Debbie! I promise pictures when we open them.

The O'neill Building deserves a proper photo on the blog but it will wait until the scaffolding is all gone. It is a beautiful structure and they are putting back two golden domes that were removed a long, long time ago. The first dome is up and glows wonderfully in the sun. Papa Squid and I will do our best to photograph it over the winter break. The developers have done a wonderful job of renovating the Ladies Mile buildings. These were the grand old department stores back when our neighborhood was Uptown.

I am feeling mostly better today and hope this lasts. Its been a long time since a cold has taken over my body for this long. Blah!

And at last, a picture for today -- proof that my odder creations get worn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was going to ask if he's getting a wire cage or a doggie crate. *L* Speaking of the Cookie Monster, thank you so much for the card! You saved my day. *hugs*