Monday, January 01, 2007

Last FOs of 2006

Yup, I actually finished two more projects yesterday.

A baby blanket for a colleague.

Socks for Little Squid.
Then I started Monkey for Squidette and am almost done with the first repeat. The first sock was cast on by the light of my computer while I waited for midnight. I find it useless to try to go to sleep on New Year's eve because the sounds of the revelers uptown inevitably wakes me up and startles me into several hours of wakefulness. If I stay up I can then be in bed by 12:03 and actually asleep a few minutes later. This year, Little Squid and Squidette joined me for the last 15 minutes of 2006 and the first 2 minutes of 2007. We watched the ball drop, heard the cheers drifting downtown from Times Square and went back to sleep. Yea, we are real party animals! (Papa Squid woke up as I came back to bed, rolled over and went back to sleep.)

Happy New Year to You and Your Family!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to the whole squid pod. (Is that what they call 'em? A pod?)

Anonymous said...

Team Squid, Dave. :p

You've been so busy! I'm so impressed. I stayed up, too. It's easier than getting woken up by the crazy loud peoples running around.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Squid, little Squid, Squette, Pap Squid, Squidier and any other squid-squids!

That baby's blanket is soooo... *do you make it in an adult size?* warm, soft, cuddly cool! I love it! So are little Squids socks! (tell her there is a silly Sprite that is officially *coveting* her new socks and that she should guard her sock drawer! *grins n winks*

Dang you've been so busy - and I've been so non-productive lying here in bed pretending I'm a human sauna bath. I actually just woke up from dreaming that I went to the local clinic and they actually had someone working who spoke English AND had a productive and healing answer. lol (they never have any answers and constantly over prescribe and are such a scary place I never go there unless I'm close to death eating a cracker. I haven't gotten the crackers out yet.)

Weird how I can reply to Everyone's blog but the comments left on my own, huh?

Anonymous said...

Hey, interesting that you are making MONKEY when I just asked my Yahoo Group if any of them had made that very sock yet. You will have to let us know how it turns out on the Sunday Sock!

MarlyKnits
www.knitthing.blogspot.com