Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Supplies!





All I can say is WOW! All this and the post office was not even open today. Yes, the answer is actually pretty obvious -- the mail was delivered during the break. That does not always happen so it was a really cool surprise. The first two packages were in my office when I came in and then I found three more in the main office and almost started crying. There were packages from Elizabeth, Ann, Paul, Anne and Susan and I brought in a bag of supplies (not pictured) from Mary.

14 young ladies came by over the course of the day and signed the card we are sending with the blanket and grabbed supplies. Anne sent cute bags that the girls plopped their projects in to and Paul sent munchies so they were well fueled with sugar while knitting this afternoon. 7 more blocks were collected and many more were pledged. The girls loved how it all came together and they were really proud of themselves.

We are leaving the blanket on display until after lunch on Friday when another staff member and I will walk it and some coats that came in after the coat drive ended over to a local organization. They will make sure that it goes to someone who needs it.

Thank you all for your help and support in this project. We really could not do it without you!

2 comments:

Ann said...

You put out a call for help and your friends come a running..you know that...we all know that.

:o)

Susan said...

wait...listen..I'm singing~~~I get by with a little help from my friends~~ Now, aren't you glad this isn't an audible post? I was just excited to be able to help! It's a pay it forward thing.