Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Moving Right Along ...

and trying not to kill my kids. O.k., that may be a bit of an exaggeration. Actually I managed to mostly control my temper while tearing Squidette's room apart in search of the p.e. uniform. This is where Mama learns that no matter how many times you tell a kid to do something, they have to learn it the hard way. She will go in pink shorts tomorrow, take the penalty and not claim that they faded in the wash. (Yes, I thought of that and then thought better.) New red shorts are on order. Do you know how hard it is to find shorts on-line at this time of year? Campmor to the rescue!

Little Squid is driving us a bit nuts with his inconsistency in test prep and, taking the advice of a good friend, we have shelved it in an effort to not make him any crazier then he already is. Don't want to give the poor kid a complex. I will be very happy when the NCLB required test is over at the end of next week. One of these days I will prepare a nice long rant on standardized testing -- whether I will post it or not is another question. On a nicer front, Little Squid adopted an onion, named it George, and is tracking its growth through photos and a written long. Guess what you have to look forward to in a few weeks!

Squid Knits has been successfully migrated to the new Blogger and I will play with it over the next few days and see what this new platform can do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Squidlicious!
Sorry I went silent for a while; was briefly buried under a mountain of wrapping paper. Almost didn't come out alive, but the thought "Must. Get. Sockret Pal gifts. To Squid" gave me the energy to fight through the bows and raffia ribbon and get myself out.
All this to say, in the not too distant future, a package might be winging its way to you...
Saw the Angel Pal gifts on the Sockret Pal website. What a love. Quite the haul and setting quite the bar for others coughcough. I'll try to live up to the gift-style to which you've now become accustomed...
Loved the blanket. What a gorgeous collective effort. Can't wait to read more about the Squid-lets.
Lots of good year wishes,
Socky the Second

Ann said...

Oh my, I have had a few of those moments myself, I can totally relate.

Cookie said...

I blame the gym outfit. Yes, I am still bitter 20-odd years later. /runs

Susan said...

I was amazed to see that they still make "camp shirts" I figured everything would be tees or polos