Saturday, February 03, 2007

Knit-alongs


This month I joined my first Knit-Along. And then I joined my second. And then I tried to figure out how to combine the two. And then I gave up on this "kill two birds with one sock" idea and the result is:

Sis's Hat for Fair Isle February Mermaid Socks for the Dave-Along.
Since there are no rules for either Knit Along, I have made my February the month of Finishing. I hope to finish the Mermaid Socks, and the long abandoned Gingham and Tulip socks which are ... Fair Isle! If I finish both then I would like to start a true Fair Isle or properly stranded sweater or vest. There are four hanks of handspun ombre yarn waiting to become something. I'm just not sure what yet.

Tomorrow: Violin Virtuosos (otherwise known as Squid on Strings).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, are you THE Devorah with the exhibit in Brooklyn? I know the last names are sifferent, but it COULD be your artist name:
http://www.brooklynmuseum.org/exhibitions/sperber/

Susan said...

I've been googling fair isle this week. Amazing and complicated and sort of like patting your head and rubbing your tummy at the same time..at least in my mind. I can't imagine, but then I didn't think I could do K2P2 ribbing without messing up, so maybe someday!

Wow..someone was surely a happy shopkeeper after that artist came in for a "couple" spools of thread LOL

Anonymous said...

Love the hat!!! :D

So that's your Dave Yarn. ;) Nifty!