Saturday, February 10, 2007

Some Finished Objects, Some NYC and Mama Squid Cooks

Despite my repeatedly proclaiming that I would finish an old project before starting a new one, I have to admit that I did it again. Presenting a bumblebee hat to match Little Squid's mittens. We even picked up more Lamb's Pride to make a matching scarf.

After finishing the hat, the kids and I headed out to the Radical Lace and Subversive Knitting exhibit at the Museum of Arts and Design. The exhibits were really wild and we all enjoyed the show.
Then on to visit Pooh and Friends at the Donnell branch of the New York Public Library. Please follow the link, I took a picture and then read the restrictions on such photos so I am not posting it. These are the original stuffed animals that inspired the Pooh tales that we Squid love so very much. Nothing like their Disney counterparts, these are obviously well loved friends and I feel so lucky to have them in my town.

A short walk ...
A little lunch ...

And then Mama cooks dinner ...
And it was edible!

Dave-along and Fair Isle Along updates tomorrow.

1 comment:

Susan said...

What a busy day! Great pics of y'all!

I'm so excited to know that Pooh still lives, and wow that he lives here! And how fortunate you are that you got to actually see him. Thanks for that link. I spent breakfast time there *G*

My browser didn't like the Radical Knitting site so all I got to see were those teensy gloves. I can't believe that anyone could actually do it. And to think that in my life, #1 dpns are a new experience. I'll be going back there at lunch time on my work computer.