Friday, May 11, 2007

Stupid Pet Tricks

O.k., not my pet ... Stupid test administrator tricks. The best one of the day ... searching for 2 hours for documents that were left safely in someone else's hands. I forgot that I asked him to keep them safe for me. D'oh!

I committed a few other stupid errors today (or rather two weeks ago but discovered today) ... all of which could have been avoided. It was just one of those days. Have I mentioned that Advanced Placement exams take almost as much out of me as they do the poor kids that I am giving them to? Maybe more? My calves are aching from all of the running up and down stairs to the test room and vault. My brain is hurting and I am cursing myself out for making rookie mistakes. Nothing horrible. Nothing that will matter 10 years or even two down the road but things that I should have done better or rather, properly. Blah! This is my 12th year doing this. I should know better! Thfft!

And the end of the suture in my mouth has become a plaything for my tongue. Probably not a good idea, right? On the other hand ... my eye looks MUCH better and my face is feeling a lot better if not perfect. By my brother's wedding there should be practically no easily identifiable evidence of my little incident. Yea!!!

Tomorrow? Knitting and Biking if you care to check in. No whining. Promise!

4 comments:

sloth-knits said...

I remember those AP tests from (a different) high school...I didn't know vaults were involved though!

Mary said...

In one school where I worked, I was the "designated keeper" of things for one AP. If something important came in, she wouldn't even touch it. I'd be immediately called to xerox and keep it or to put it somewhere and take note of where it was.

Have a good weekend! Think of how your running up and down to the vault has prepared your legs for biking.

Cookie said...

Considering what's been going on with you lately, I think it's totally understandable that you might make a boo-boo or two along the way. You've been balancing a lot lately, sweetie.

*huggles*

Susan said...

What Cookie said. Don't beat yourself up about this, hon. I'm amazed you do so much.