Saturday, July 07, 2007

The Tour de France

Let's say it right now -- Fr ahhh nce.

In just two hours I can start my project! Weee!
For the record, I am knitting the Cheveron Shadows Vest from the latest Knitter's Magazine.
No, I'm not cheating, this is my swatch. I'm roughing it and did a quick and dirty swatch that seems to measure right. The yarn was washed after spinning and was not stretched so it should be in its resting state and fairly stable for the knitting. (Yup, the excuses are piling up fast and furious here!)

Mike has located our local TdF channel and once we come back from the Greenmarket -- off we go!

(Since we are not riding this weekend I have to get my thrills where I can. )

On the NYC front ...
No, it does not mean what you think it means. Apparently the old owners had the last name of Bard.


This is, by the way, the Hotel Chelsea. Very famous -- I'll give you more another day.

3 comments:

knitseashore said...

Have you started your project? Time trials were great today! I miss the team ones though.

What's going on with the Bards? You've got my curiosity...

Sarah said...

The vest swatch is a very pretty color and I'm looking forward to seeing your progress with it! I really enjoy seeing the pics of NYC too.

Anonymous said...

I just finished my Chevron Shadows vest and posted pics. I LOVE IT! And hope you have as much enjoyment knitting yours.