Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tour Socks

Theoretically, I have been diligently working of my Tour de France socks. In reality, what was supposed to be a sprint has turned into a climb up the mountains. The mountains being real life.

Last night I sat down for a nice spate of knitting and was immediately interrupted by the phone. After 15 minutes or so with the person on the other end, I then set in on some research and studying and there went the evening. I did do a few more rows on the socks as a wind down, much later in the evening but am seriously behind where I need to be to finish both socks by the end of the tour. It's o.k., though. There are actually more important things in life and that phone call was one of them.

Meanwhile, here is what I have done.
Oops, not that! That's my "mindless" car and "waiting-for-the-kids-to-be-released-from-camp" knitting. A sock for my brother. The one who does not yet have a pair of hand knit socks. I've got a long way to go. He has big feet.

Here you go. It's a little bit further along now and I have started incorporating this graph where the moose should be.
O.k., so creating this graph also took a lot of time away from the knitting of the sock so hopefully the second one will go faster.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Hold on, do I spy a squid? How clever!

Anonymous said...

The socks are coming along nicely!

Susan said...

Oh aren't you the one? Adding the squid is going to be too fun!