Thursday, March 16, 2006

Progress

The left front is almost done and I have rediscovered the rule of maximum ends. This rule is the reason why I have to join a new ball with only an inch to go on the piece. Now, this could have been prevented if I had started a new ball when I started the front instead of using the half or so ball that I had left from the back (it used 1.5 or so balls) but I have a need to plow through the yarn and finish each ball in turn.

I hear the yelling now ... What do you mean you are not knitting both fronts at the same time? I figure that since the tweed pattern is leaving me with an easy counting method I am not likely to make a serious mistake in terms of length. I also HATE constantly switching balls of yarn when knitting two fronts or two sleeves at the same time. I do not do 2 socks on 2 circs or 2 socks on one magic loop at the same time for the same reason. I will knit 2 socks at the same time on separate sets of needles and just switch which sock I pick up after stopping for a while. This I do so that the pair is done all at once.

For those of you who like a little poetry, there are some new ones up here. My favorites are actually much further back, here (Sky on the Ground) and here.

Now to pick up my knitting and settle down to The Princess Bride.

No comments: