Monday, March 20, 2006

Sock Progress

The latest "Squid" socks are progressing nicely despite being assigned to the "carry-around" knitting category. A small amount of knitting will get the Grey topped one to the start of it's face. Again, for those of you tracking these, the characters-- of which one is not at all Squid like and the other is only vaguely Squidish -- hail from a program from the creator of The Simpsons. This program is now going to have 26 new episodes so it looks like I am ahead of the curve here.

Gloucester is progressing nicely with both pockets finished and the first sleeve a few inches up. Unfortunately this evenings plans include taxes and not knitting. Maybe an inch or so before bed?

Today's plans also include parent-teacher conferences where we get to be the parent. It should, as always, be a lovely experience. The kids have a half-day so they get lunch out with Daddy. Since we get to do the other side of the table on Thursday and Friday the kids get another treat this week ... An evening with Bubby and Zeida and maybe their youngest Aunt. Hey! I want two treats this week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Devorah, I was excited to find a blogger who is knitting Gloucester; I think you're the only one. The colors you've chosen are lovely; I can't wait to see it when you're done. Mine should be finished in about a week; I'm trying to get it done in time for a trip to NY so that I can wear it to shul & a show. I made a few changes (knitting body in one piece, reshaping sleeve caps; changing pockets to inset rather than patch; and moving sleeve vents from middle to (pinky)side of hand). With all these changes, I hope it comes out OK. Wear yours in good health!