were meowing up a storm at the Bronx Zoo today. Mating call, maybe?
Then there were these guys -- the felonious horses.(I really love that picture -- tough to tell where the tail-ends are.)
And, lots and lots of butterflies!(O.k., I'm only putting up two pictures of them, take my word -- there were LOTS of butterflies.)
Here is the current plain sock in front of the bug Carosel. It was an absolutely fabulous day to be at the zoo but the crowds were, well ... zooey. Wednesday is the free day and given the wonderful weather, the crowds were out in force. We usually pass on Wednesdays but we were spending quality time with family from out of town. A good time was had by all and we seem to have avoided sunburn. (Thank you Coppertone!)
On other subjects, I'm jumping in to Kat's contest feet first.
Name 5 places other than your house or a knitting store where you have knit...
1. In a corn-maze while actually walking the maze. I turned a heel!
2. In the Statue of Liberty (her pedestal, actually) (see yesterday's post).
3. In Carnegie Hall (during intermission and before the concert).
4. In quite a few of the art galleries here in Chelsea.
5. While walking the streets of Manhattan.
And, as seems to be the norm, in doctors offices, the post office, on the subway, in a car, in the playground ... and so on.