Friday, March 06, 2009

Tire Iron Fairy?

We all know that if you leave a tooth under your pillow, the tooth fairy comes and leaves money. What happens if you leave a set of tire irons under your pillow? Or a quick stick? Or ... both?

Squid bike tires are now pumped and ready to roll. This weekend is supposed to be lovely and we are looking to ride at least on Sunday and, perhaps, tomorrow.

I was prepping, in hopes of riding up to band practice tomorrow, when the valve on my front tire blew. Fifteen minutes or so later, with a little help from my spouse, I have a new tube in my tire. This was the first time I've changed a tube on my Bike Friday and the first time in many years that I've done any work on a bike. I am blessed with a husband who just takes charge of the tire issues. Tonight, however, I started on my own figuring that I should get my skills back since I hope to go back to riding every day. I need more practice. My tires are hard to get off the rim. And I snapped my thumb with a back firing tire iron. Ouch.

The tools wound up under a spare pillow because I tossed them on the bed and then tossed the pillow on top of them as I moved it off the floor.

With luck, Squid on Wheels 2009 starts tomorrow. Or maybe Sunday. Watch this space!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm hoping to get out this weekend too. Ride safely!

Cookie said...

What did the Fairy bring you?

Have a great time! I can't believe it's already time for Team Squid to get back out there.

xo

penny said...

wishing you safe and enjoyable travels.