Monday, June 05, 2006

Awww...

This is what I found when I opened the door to Male Child's room this morning. If you look closely you can see a hand in the foreground (wearing a watch) and a foot in the background. The rest of said child is under the blanket.










This is what I found when I flipped back the comforter. That is Dumbo under his belly. This was one tired kid. Usually I open his door when I go in to shower and the sound of the shower and radio tend to wake him up naturally. Today I did not open the door until after the shower but I flipped the comforter immediately (after snapping the picture) and then left for a while. I then came back and turned on the hall light (right outside his room). Then I raised the volume on the t.v. Finally, only after Female Child had awoken on her own, did I gently rub his shoulder to wake him up.

I hate to actually wake the kids. They are much happier when they wake on their own -- even if I caused them to wake by doing things like opening the door or raising the blinds. I let him sleep late today to make up for the early wake-up yesterday and to give his body the chance to recuperate from the ride. I know that I was wiped out from yesterday. The constant stopping and starting was tough on my body and the section of Belgian Block paved road left my hands and arms aching.

Knitting content: The first cuff for Tulips is done. Notice how Woven is sitting out for a bit. I am on a small project kick right now but maybe if there is some good t.v. tonight Woven can see some progress.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hey, Devorah, thanks for commenting on my blog. i've got the pics up now of the gorgeous yarn - thanks! Looks as if you had fun with it....

I will where the sweater, even though it's not that flattering, when I go skiing. Very warm!