Saturday, July 01, 2006

Not Maudlin

I know that I promised you a maudlin post but I decided to skip it. Instead I give you knitting in the form of the first Embossed Leaf Anklet.
These are being knit in a Trekking colorway which I was going to identify until the label disappeared. Sock one is done and the second sock is now on the needles. We are spending the day visiting with really good friends so I should make ample progress on this today.

No apartment update -- they cleared the rubble bags and we are now in a steady state until Wednesday. This kids' beds have been unstacked so that they can sleep relatively comfortably for the next few days. We will reconsider sleeping arrangements on Wednesday.

Over the next two months you will see reference to a lot of shopping. Please do not judge me harshly, I hate shopping and I hate it so much that I let things totally wear out before they are replaced. Almost all of our sheets / towels are now in this condition and with a nice "new" apartment I have the opportunity to really think about "decorating" and coordinating things. Yeah, right. I promise, once this spurt of redecorating is done you will never hear from me on this subject again.

Now off for a day of fun!

1 comment:

Ann said...

YOU DON'T LIKE TO SHOP!?!?!?! There are things that I don't like to shop for, like groceries. Such a waste of both time and money yet my family keeps insisting that I feed them.

I hope you have a terrific day!

Ann