Sunday, September 03, 2006

Sleepy Sunday

Today was a sleepy, errand running kind of day. I was the first one up -- makes sense, I was the first one in bed last night -- and the day kind of crept along from there.

We went on a short bike ride to check out the rock/plaque commemorating the works of Nelson A. Rockefeller. Little Squid had noticed it on a prior ride and needed to get back to see what it was. We then rode to our favorite treat place and replenished the supply of chocolate for us and for friends. When we arrived back at our building, Papa Squid led us around the entrance circle 3 time before allowing us to dismount. Apparently the GPS was 0.04 miles away from a round mile and he just had to get that last 4/100 of a mile in. Total mileage: 7 miles -- exactly.

Lunch and then a trip out to Best Buy, the Container Store and Barnes and Noble for all Squid. Best Buy yielded a 2 Gigabyte memory chip for only $23. No, you can't get this deal -- there was an instant rebate and then we had a gift card for $25. Papa Squid kept the 2 Giga and I got his hand-me-down 1 Giga chip to replace the 256 M chip that I lost last week. I do not need 2 gigs for my audio books -- the 256 was serving me just fine.

The Container Store yielded some shelving ideas and very long lines due to the recent, annual, influx of F.I.T. students.

Barnes and Noble yielded lots of books and while there we managed to convince the Squidlings that The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy was worth a go. We did not buy it then, however, because both Papa Squid and I were convinced that we had two copies of it at home. Once back, however, we discovered that we had two copies of Life, The Universe and Everything but zero copies of Hitchhiker. I went back out and got a copy. (It has since been read by Squidette and determined to be "eh." Little Squid is now working on it and Squidette is working on Restaurant at the End of the Universe on the theory that sometimes a second book is better then the first.)

Squidette and I attempted to do some shopping at City Quilts but they were closed for the long weekend. I will try to get home early enough to take Squidette there one day this week. She has a project in mind and needs the fabric for it. We also hit the post office to take care of a friend. It is nice to live near the main post office -- it is open 24/7.

And now, the promised Knitting Content.

Woven is coming along, one sleeve is about 1/3 done. The first corn maze sock is finished and the second has the beginnings of a toe. (It is a toe-up sock so this is not as good as it seems.) That's it. I have nothing else for you.

I will, however, leave you with this:
Someone (not me -- now that would be funny!) baked a birthday cake and cupcakes today. That means that another Squid has a birthday quickly approaching. Decorating ideas are flying fast and furious around here with Elephants and Frogs two of the possible designs. Next Saturday will see the decoration for a Sunday birthday. Try to guess which Squid is changing ages. I will drop hints over the next few posts.

Hint #1: This Squid's favorite color is Blue.

5 comments:

Ann said...

CHOCOLATE CAKE.....oh my...I nearly licked the screen when I saw that.

It sounds like a pretty productive day to me..

Anonymous said...

My goodness what a busy day! To me a "sleepy" Sunday means just that--a day to sleep! Glad to see the Squid family enjoyed this gorgeous sunny day.

Anonymous said...

If that was a sleepy Sunday, I think I'm in a coma over here. I was dressed long enough to water the front lawn and get the paper. Then it was jammies, knitting and movies.

You're such an enabler. *L*

*hugs*

Sally said...

That sounds like such a nice day...

Anonymous said...

I am so. jealous. that you have a container store near you.