Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Sock-ret Pal

The following are my answers for the Sock-ret Pal Swap

The basics:

How long have you been knitting?

I learned as a kid but have only seriously been knitting
for 7 years.


Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an
intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you
could probably knit a pair in your sleep?

I think I did knit a pair in my sleep!

The measurements:

While your pal may ask for some additional info to
ensure a great fit, please provide your shoe size,
or any other fitting related info you think is pertinent.

Poor Sock-ret Pal! :-(
I have size 10 (women's) feet!


(fiber related) Favorites:

What colors do you love?
Blues, Pinks, Purples and pretty much anything else

Do you prefer solids or variegated?

I tend to purchase variegated but need to start
putting some solids in to my stash so I can show
off all those great textured patterns.


What fibers do you most love to knit with?

Wool! Wool! Wool! (no, really!)

Who do you consider your favorite yarn vendors?
My LYS -- Knitty City.

What projects (other than socks, of course*S*) do you
most enjoy knitting?

Mittens and small things that I can get creative with y
et still finish quickly.


(fiber related) Dislikes:

What fibers can you not stand to knit with? To wear?

Angora makes my eyes itch and my nose run even though I
love to pet it. I cannot knit, spin or wear it. Mohair
has a similar effect when I knit with it but not when I
wear it.


What colors would you never wear?

I wear from the entire spectrum though I tend to
stay away from dull greens.



The Tools:

Plastic or Metal? Bamboo or wood?
Circs or Straights?
DPNs or Magic Loop?

Addi turbo circs, no straights. B
amboo dpns but I have not tried any wood dpns.


Are there any knitting accessories you don't have
in your collection but would like?

Not that I can think of.

The Extras:
Do you have a wish list? If so, please share the link!

No list.

Do you like sweet, sour or salty?
or all of the above? *S*)
All of the above.

Do you have any allergies your pal should know about?
(Certain foods, smoke, pet hair, etc)

Angora (see above), pet hair, feathers, scents of
most kinds, smoke. Basically airborne allergens.


Favorite scents? Scents you can't stand?

No favorite scents -- see above.

Do you collect anything (other than yarn and
knitting toys of course)?

Squid and Tea Pots in classic shapes
(the tea pots, not the squid).


When is your birthday? (month and day is fine!)

November 27. This birthday will be my 40th.

Do you spin? Dye your own yarn?
Yes and Yes.

Your favorite author/band/vacation spot, anything you
think will help your pal know you better...

I love Elizabeth Peters (author) and Anne McCaffery.
I do not have a favorite vacation spot though I
love to camp with my family.
A lot of my likes and
dislikes are already on the blog -- I really can't
think of anything right now.
Pal -- feel free to
ask me more questions -- annoymous comments are
open on this blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am surprised at how very much we have in common, right down to our size 10's!

Sally said...

You have the same birthday as my husband! He's older than you though, by like a lot (he's older than me by a lot, too). :o)