Thursday, December 07, 2006

Some Answers

For those of you in the know, my first Sock-ret pal was a bit on the slow side. I am sure she meant well but the end of the first sending period came and went and nothing was sent. The powers-that-be (Rachel) intervened and I was gifted with both an Angel and a second sock-ret pal (known known as Socky the Second). Socky the Second asked some questions earlier so I figure I will answer them before I go to work.

First, do you really want solids? I too am drawn to the siren song of variegated yarn and I too feel I should invest in more solids. So do you REALLY want solids or would you rather stay on the dangerous path that is lovely variegated yarn? It's alright, you can be honest, it won't go beyond me, you, and everyone who reads the comments on your blog.

Actually, no. I really want variegated. I love seeing how the colors swirl and change.

Second, Elizabeth Peters (love her, LOVE HER), do you have a particular series you prefer? Just curious.

I just finished listening to the Amelia Peabody series and have only spot tasted her other stuff but I have liked it all. The Amelia books are so much my faves that I have been known to read and listen to them and then relisten when I could not decide on a new audio book.

Third- er- third...um, seems wrong not to have a third, doesn't it? But, really, your site, fantastically informative. So I guess, for now, it's the two.

Why thank you. I try to be amusing and informative.

Do you mind to post answers here? Or in posts, you know, I'm not sockticular.

Actually, I mind very much. *grin*

Best inky wishes,
Socky the Second
(Squids are inky, right? Not just octupus? Or was that a really sad example of my high school biology learnin'?)

Yes, Squid are inky. You can even buy canned squid in their own ink. No kidding. We, however, in the Squid-Knit family are not inky unless our pens are leaking ... or unless we adorn ourselves with Bobs. But that's another story. Time to go to work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bobs? /curious with a side of nosey

Warrior Knitter said...

I like the Amelia Peabody series, too. On the audio books, I like Barbara Rosenblatt as the "reader". When she "reads" other books, I can still hear Amelia. I like how she does Emerson's grunts! LOL!