Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Murphy's Law

The last two days have been beset by Murphy's Law. Nothing horrible happened, just annoying stuff that, when added to the Quality Review, made life that much more stressful.

New York City has instituted an annual Quality Review for all public schools. I will not go in to the details but it made for a stressful two days. To add to this ... the boiler froze on Monday. The other school in the building could not go out for recess due to the extreme temps and were a tad louder then usual. Our own kids were obviously under the effect of the full moon from the other day. On Tuesday it seemed that a migraine epidemic was underway. Little Squid woke up with one at 5 a.m. and kept us guessing as to whether it would be gone enough by departure time. When we finally decided that Papa would stay home with him -- and Papa had called in to work -- the worst faded and Little decided he could go to school. Papa rescinded his sick call and, as he mounted his bike ... got a migraine.

Little Squid's migraine through me off my usual morning routine so that I forgot to take the new "school" blanket and Sis's hat to work. The blanket was finished in time for yesterday's club meeting which was partly postponed because of the club fair, which, due to circumstances beyond my control, I did not manage to get to. As for the hat ... I was supposed to mail it yesterday. Um ... I'll try to get it in the mail tomorrow.

Meanwhile, for the Teen Knitting fans ...

Scarf made from yarn donated by KnittyOtter.

Tune in later for pictures of the second school blanket. I plan on using it to warm my legs in the car on the way to work this morning.

4 comments:

Cookie said...

Goodness!

I hope everyone is feeling better today.

Susan said...

ohhh what a way to start out the day! Hope everyone is now pain free!

Sprite said...

I'm sooo "feeling ya", Devorah. I've had one of those weeks, too!

I hope the migranes have packed up and moved on! And wayyy cooool scarf!

Ann said...

Ohhhhhhh...Knitty Otter is such a great yarn giver!