Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Lace on a Balcony

Look! I have been knitting!The colors are better in the blurry picture but the clear one gives a better sense of the lace. I am nearing the end of the first ball of silk which means that I have about 3 or 4 weeks before I have to have the third ball plyed and ready to go. The piece now measures 14 cm (5.5 inches) and I expect to make absolutely no progress on it again until Thursday.

On the "let's keep June" hectic front, it turns out the Squidette's group qualified for the Science Fair, which is tonight, overlapping my own Senior Awards ceremony. I've figured out how to do this -- it involves making sure that I am put on late on the list of presenters at my school (for Health, Phys. Ed and my Scholars program). Then I can run down to Squidette's school, ooh and ahh over the projects, grab the kid and scurry back to my own school for the last 1.5 hours of awards. Yup, I expect to only miss half an hour of it. If I keep this up for the entire month, just how hard am I going to crash on June 30?

2 comments:

Cookie said...

So pretty!

Good luck! I'm thinking you'll sleep well that first week of July. ;^)

Anonymous said...

That lace looks beautiful! :-)

Good luck on your "June Marathon"! LOL