Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Prom Season

I was asked to the Prom! My dearest boyfriend called me at work and stuttered and stammered his way through an invitation. It seems that the dear boy never invited anyone to a prom before and that is fitting, because I've never been invited to one. Asked if I was going, yes, invited? no.

Seems dear Papa Squid was asked to chaperone his school's prom. Since his school is our high school alma mater, I can now honestly say that I was invited to my high school prom. And I'm going.

Childcare was briefly a problem since our main evening babysitter is the one who submitted Mike's name as a chaperone -- which means that she is going to the prom. We solved it, however, without resorting to her younger sister.

I am looking forward to this. His responsibilities are fairly simple and so for the cost of one prom ticket, this Saturday night I finally get to the Prom!

***
I have nothing against Proms but I was not in the "prom going" crowd as a teen and so I did not go. As a teacher, I have never been asked to chaperone.
***
Squidette's science fair was very nice. I found the "lessons learned" section of some of the boards to be hilarious. One of them was "don't let your younger sister care for the plants, she'll rip the leaves off." Another, "this experiment was interrupted when rats ate the plants." And my favorite line (paraphrased) from an experiment testing bacteria levels in subway stations (truly a NYC experiment), "we expected the station in the Bronx to have the highest levels of bacteria since the Bronx is the foulest of the boroughs." (or something like that) (All subway stations had the same levels of bacteria -- no, I did not actually read how they tested it. I skipped right to the conclusions on most of the boards to get a sense of what they learned -- always the teacher!)

4 comments:

Cookie said...

He called you?!

/shocked

Anne K. said...

How romantic!!! Do have a fabulous time, you two kids, you!! :-) Do your hair, get a mani/pedi, take pictures and have a ball!!!

Anonymous said...

What are you going to wear? *L*

I hope the kids take a photo of the awkward pinning of the corsage for you guys. *giggles*

Oh my and what will the night hold?

Prom is a very special night in a boy and girls life. He may even KISS you goodnight at the door! *girlish giggle*

Or since your father isn't there... more. *wicked eyebrow wiggle*

Okay I'm having way too much fun with this idea. I hope you have fun. :D

Love the lace you are working on too. Very Nice!

*HUGS*

Ann said...

I can't wait to see the prom photos!