Thursday, March 30, 2006

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Dad will probably see this a day late since I could not think of the right words to blog with this morning. I have since found them in the day we spent together.

My dad is worth taking a day off from work. (Forget that the elementary schools were closed and I would have had to scramble for childcare.) I kid you not that when I saw what days the schools were closed I said "hey, Dad's birthday is then -- I'll take the day and hang with him and the kids."

My dad has survived five children and gotten us all into, if not yet through, college. (Two are still in the process.) He has seen two of his kids married and has three grandchildren with one on the way.

He taught us all to write, and to do it well. (Though you would not know it from this broken list.)

He taught us that one can be a nice guy in business and still support one's family in a comfortable fashion. We also learned the other side and saw when it was o.k. to fight for what is right and not be so nice.

Dad taught us right from wrong and always gave, and gives, all of us unconditional love -- even when we pushed the limits.

He is open to new experiences and continues to teach and learn from the next generation.

We spent the day walking, talking, geocaching (Dad's good!) and eating. Over all, one of the best days I have had in a long time.

Happy Birthday Daddy! I love you so much.

No comments: