Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Just NYC?

Is it just a New York City thing or is it common for teens to wear black jackets? As I watched my school dismiss today I wondered about this. I know that dressing in black is a very City thing. There are plenty of days that I do it because black is a nice background for some of my knitwear. I have yet to knit with it, however, except for one shawl done for a friend. So ... What color outerwear do teens in other cities wear?

There is nothing exciting to show today . A few more repeats were added to Gloucester and another 3 inches or so were added to the socks. However, I have, as always, Squid.

These are actually called the Aquatic socks and feature a whale, a Squid (which looks like a jelly fish) and a shark and ... Try to guess the creatures and the literary reference made on the second sock.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oooh, oooh - *waving hand wildly* - I know! I've always loved those socks!

fuzzywool said...

Is it Dr. Seuss's Yertle the Turtle?
Well whatever they are, your socks are always the bee's knees!